I recently read a blog post that I totally loved and I wanted to try it myself. This person set a New Years resolution to try to live her life as if she were 20 years older and suddenly had the chance to do go back and do it all over again but knowing what she would know 20 years into the future. I'm 40 now, what would my 60 (HOLY CRAP, I don't want to think of that) year old self say to me now? This is my list of what I think I would say and then I need to take it to heart and truly live by it.
1. Stop worrying what people think of you, most likely they aren't thinking about you. It's not all about you ;)
2. Get up off your butt and start walking and eating better. I know if I don't my 60(HOLY CRAP again) year old self is going to be sore, sick and not very happy.
3. Quit drinking diet coke or any carbonated drink, it's not helping at all.
4. Invite people over more, go out more, be more social. Don't worry if your house isn't clean, if you just don't feel like being social that day, get out and don't think about it too much.
5. Pray more and about everything. Ask for help with your kids, your feelings, your doubts, your fears. Trust more in prayer.
6. Realize that life can be a lot worse. Life is good. Great husband, great kids, supportive family and good friends.
7. LOVE YOURSELF! you are worth it :)
I have lived a great life so far and I want the rest of my life to be even better. What would you tell yourself?