Friday, January 30, 2009

Sweet little Miles

Who says boys can't be deep and sensitive? Not me! Tonight while getting Miles to bed we were petting Ebony(the new kitty)and listening to her purr. Miles started talking about Ty our only boy cat we've had and who went missing about a year ago. Once Miles starts talking about Ty (who he loved completely)he gets crying. Tonight was no different. The tears started coming and really big tears. He also was doing that whole take in a deep breath and hold it for a second and then let it out and cry some more. It was making me so sad. He said that when we had Ty it made our home even, three boys and three girls(even though we also had a girl cat but I was not about to get technical with him). He was so sad that our family isn't even anymore. He asked me if I thought Ty was in Heaven, I said "of course he is." Then he asked me if I thought Ty might come back in another kitty's body? I guess my kid believes in reincarnation? Who knew? We had a talk about how Ebony is our new kitty and that we love her and she loves Miles. I told him that one day he would see Ty again but that for now Ty is very happy and will be just fine. Then (and this broke my heart) he asked what would happen if Mark, Kiah, Sofi and I died, would he and Ebony be alone? I don't know what got into his little mind to make him think about such deep and sad things? He's 5 for heaven's sake, he shouldn't worry about stuff like that. He's such a sweet little boy. He's a very tender and sensitive boy, I hope he keeps some of that when he grows up. Not so much that his feelings get hurt too much, but just enough to keep him kind and caring. I had conversations with my girls like this when they were Miles age, but I didn't think I would have them with Miles for some reason. It was wrong of me to assume that little boys aren't sensitive like that. I have been proved wrong over and over again with Miles. I didn't know what a boy would be like but I think I set certain expectations and assumed. I'm glad I've been proved wrong, it's opened my eyes to a whole new world. I love it.

5 comments:

:) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda Dickerson Lassabe said...

Now I am crying! I hope nothing happens to you all of you but I would take Miles and Ebony in a heartbeat! I love that kid.

staceygriff said...

thanks Brenda.He is pretty darn cute I must say.

J-o-h-n-n-y said...

miles is a very health boy with a big heart! Mentally, both positive and curious about his surrounding... that's a good thing...I like his big smile.

:)

said...

That is a journal moment! What sweet boy and terrific mom!