Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dear Diary!!

Today I found my journal from when I was 8 years old. There were parts that made me laugh and other entries (because I was a sensitive and kind of deep kid for an 8 year old)made me want to cry for that little girl I once was. The laughing is what prevailed. I thought I would include a few entries to give you some insight into my 8 year old mind. Enjoy, laugh, think I'm crazy, go find your old Diaries and if you don't have any, START one now!I'm going to write it in my awesome grammar and spelling from when I was 8, it makes it so much better.

February 18,1976:
"Well so far I've had a happy day. I saw a flock of birds. They were so pretty. All those birds flying back and forth, it was buitefull. I think Lucky (my neighbors dog and little yeller is my dog) likes little yeller cause one is a girl and lucky is a boy. the note my mom gave me is nice. I love my Mom more than any body ells but I love my Dad too and my brothers too and my Heavenly Father very much. The end."

I'm not sure why I always wrote The End at the end of my entries? Funny. In reading my entries I've also noticed that I was an awful speller, seriously.

March 7,1976:
"Today I went to see the Freaky Friday and it sure was Freaky but it would have been better if I had seen it on Friday."

Yes that was my humor,such slapstick humor. Ok, last entry.

November 27,1976:
"Today I read page 9 in my Holy Bible. I guess I don't read too much in my Holy Bible but I do as much as I can. Now I am on chapter 2. I will try to do better."

Those are just a few of the truthful,sweet things I wrote as a kid. I noticed that at the end of almost every entry I stated who I loved, which was pretty much everyone. Sometimes I just wrote at the end that I love everybody or as I wrote it every body. Through the eyes of a child. So at the end of this post I'd like to say I love everybody. I'm grateful for family and friends and I love you all. The End!

6 comments:

said...

I love trips down memory lane. That sweet little 8 year old girl hasn't changed much. You're still as sweet and sensitive. So glad to count you as a friend.

staceygriff said...

Thanks Deb. Good to count you and your family as good friends of ours. We miss you guys, yet are very happy for you. Hey remember seeing Kevin Eubanks. That was a lot of fun.

Denese said...

How cute are you? No wonder I like you so much. You've always been sweet. It's kinda funny because I just got out my journal a couple of weeks ago, and I've been reading it. Most of my entries end with "it was fun." My Mom and sisters and I joke that my Mom's journal should just say... "I had eight kids. It was fun."

staceygriff said...

Denese I wish I could make comments on your blog. there are so many things I would say. just a couple though are that your kids are too dang cute. my sweet Grandma is buried in the cemetery across from your house. I don't like spiders and we also have a cat from the Humane Society named oreo. but also again, your kids are too dang cute. Oh, and you are going to be a mother-in-law, FREAKY!

Amanda said...

So cute! I love going back and reading old diaries. I especially like the Freaky Friday comment! Too funny.

Heath694 said...

You are so cute. I love this post. I absolutely love the picture. You haven't changed all that much. You still are sweet and thoughtful and sensitive. Love that about you, my dear friend!