Monday, August 11, 2008

She must have been a beautiful baby.........

Yesterday Mark made a comment about Sofi's smile. That she has the best smile. She does. She always has and she always will. When she smiles her eyes sparkle and you can't help but smile yourself. When we adopted Sofi she was two days old. We picked her up from the hospital. I still remember going into the nursery area and Sofi was in her little bassinet thing. The nurse said to me "there's your little girl" it was so strange, in slow motion, yet so beautiful. The nurse made me sit in a wheelchair all the way out to the car, it's hospital policy. Mark and I laughed the whole way out. Then the nurse had to help Mark and I get her in her car seat and get her all strapped in. I think she was a bit concerned. It had been about 7 years since we had done the whole baby thing. We were rusty. I write about it now 9 years later and it seems like just yesterday. This month is her birthday. She's as cute and sweet now as she was when I first held her.
She is a funny,spunky,feisty,sweet,artistic,physically strong,sensitive,and loving girl. I can't imagine my life without her. My heart skips when she breaks out in one of her big smiles and laughs at something she finds extremely funny,because when she does it brightens my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was beyond sweet. You are a lucky family.